Latest Team Rankings
Free Rivals Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
September 6, 2010
Audio: Tom O'Brien moves ahead to UCF
Tom O'Brien held his weekly press conference Monday afternoon recapping his team's season opening win over Western Carolina and looking ahead to a road tilt at Central Florida Saturday.NC State head coach
Among the highlights from O'Brien's press conference:
- O'Brien does not anticipate redshirt sophomore offensive lineman R.J. Mattes playing Saturday. Mattes has been cleared, but he was limited to personal drills with O'Brien last week in practice.
- O'Brien did not provide any update on redshirt sophomore quarterback Mike Glennon, who left Saturday's game with an apparent left knee injury.
- O'Brien also said that although senior offensive tackle Jake Vermiglio and redshirt junior defensive tackles Markus Kuhn and J.R. Sweezy were on the depth chart, he will probably decide at the end of week of practice to decide if they will return to the field Saturday. The three did not dress for the Western Carolina game.
- While he said freshman tackle Robert Crisp would have received a poor grade if he was a veteran, for a true freshman O'Brien thought Crisp did well.
- O'Brien said that fifth-year senior linebacker Nate Irving had played better in preseason than he did in the game, but part of that was because Western Carolina schemed away from both Irving and redshirt junior linebacker Audie Cole Saturday. Both players did not record a tackle in the game.
- O'Brien was not surprised by the running game, noting that the team started four offensive linemen who had never started a game before and both primary running backs, redshirt freshman Dean Haynes and freshman Mustafa Greene, had never played a down of college football before.
To listen to the complete press conference, click on the link below:
Florida State NEWS