The accolades for quarterback Xavier Lee continue to pile up. On Sunday the 6-foot-4, 220-pound signal caller received probably his biggest honor to date. In addition to being named to the Parade All-American team, he was tabbed as the top quarterback in the country.
By earning Parade's top honor for his position, Lee becomes the fourth FSU recruit to be named the top quarterback in the nation by a major publication. Lee joins Joe Mauer (2001 - did not enroll), Dan Kendra (1995) and Chris Weinke (1990 & 1997) with this distinction.
Another FSU signee, linebacker Lawrence Timmons, was also named to the Parade All-American team. The complete Parade All-American Team.
Article Continues Below
Other Accolades for Xavier Lee:
* Florida's Mr. Football (top player in the state)
* 3A Player of the Year in his junior and senior seasons
* Florida's all-time record holder for passing yards (9,082), completions (549) and touchdowns passes (98).
* No. 1 rated dual threat quarterback by Rivals.com
* Riddell Footwear All-American
* PrepStar Dream Team member
* Selected to the U.S. Army All-American Bowl